Keeping Children Safe
"How will my child be kept safe in school?"
- Headteacher and Learning Mentor meet and greet pupils every morning from 8.30am and ensure doors are closed and locked at 8:55am
- Staff see the children out at the end of the school day.
- Please see following policies. Safeguarding policy Health and Safety Policy; Safer Recruitment Policy; Disclosure and Barring Service; Visitors to School Policy
- All these policies are available on our website.
- All staff, teaching and non-teaching and also governors, receive safeguarding training which is renewed every 3 years. 2 named Professionals with responsibility for Safeguarding receive additional training.
- First aiders, We have 5 who are qualified Paediatric first aiders and one members of staff who has completed First Aid in the workplace training.
- All staff have completed online fire-safety training
- Children with a disability have a personal emergency evacuation plan (PEEP)
“How will school keep my child safe on Educational Visits?”
Detailed risk assessments are carried out by Class Teachers for all educational visits and preliminary visits made.
See Off-site Visits Policy